How to Help The Humane Society of Moab Valley
Foster | Volunteer | Event Planning | Local Shopping | Sponsor
Give the Gift of Life to the Homeless Pets of Moab by donating to the Humane Society of Moab Valley! Stop by our office, call (435) 259-4862 or donate on line. You can also mail a check to:
HSMV P.O. Box 1188, Moab, Utah 84532
There are many ways to help the Humane Society of Moab Valley and getting started is easy! Review our list of volunteer opportunities then complete our on-line volunteer application or stop by our office located inside the Moab City Animal Shelter located at 956 Sand Flats Rd. After you submit your volunteer application, we will contact you with more information about getting started.
Provide a Foster Home
- Provide a foster home for a homeless dog or cat.
- Provide an emergency foster home (5-7 days)
Working with Animals
- Volunteer at Adoption Days
- Provide transportation within Moab
Provide transportation outside of Moab (Salt Lake or Grand Junction)
Critter Companion/Exerciser ~ Walk a Shelter dog
Volunteers of the Decade!
Marcia Wood and
Natalie Dickerson have been volunteering for HSMV since early 2000. Marcia has fostered dogs, helped at our
Adoption Days and has ordered and maintained all of our toys and merchandise
for the last ten years. Natalie has also
fostered, staffed Adoption Days and worked many special events. She even did a stint as a Board Member and is
always happy to help. Thanks to these
two very special ladies from everyone at HSMV!
Each year the Humane Society of Moab Valley holds fundraising events to help raise funds for our adoption, spay/neuter and other community programs. Volunteers are always needed to help plan and organize these events. Listed below are some of the ways You can help.
- Distribute information for upcoming fundraising or spay/neuter clinics.
- Staff sales & information table at special events such as the Moab Mutt Strut, Dawg Days of Summer, Bark 'n Bubble Dog & Car Wash and the Holiday Craft Fair at the MARC and/or staff table at Adoption Days.
- Arts & Crafts; Sewing for our Holiday Craft Fair booth.
Click firstname.lastname@example.org and
let us know you are available or fill out this
form and mail it to HSMV, P.O. Box 1188 Moab, Utah 84532.
Other Ways to help the HSMV
- Donate: money (of course!) drop your extra change
into one of our 35 donation boxes located in area businesses around town
or mail a check to: HSMV P.O. Box 1188 Moab, Utah 84532 or donate on-line!
- Donate: Dog and Cat Food and treats,beds, toys, collars, leashes, crates and kennels or kitty litter.
- Sponsor: one of our "Pets of the Week" ads in the Advertiser, or sponsor an event, call our office @ 435-259-4862 for more information.
- Listen to our Friday radio spots and support local radio KZMU and KCYN.
Support the Humane Society
By Shopping City Market.
It doesn't cost you a thing!
City Market will donate 1% of your total grocery purchases to the Humane Society.
Every time you shop, you are helping to "Save One Life At A Time"!
Sign Up Now.
Shop at businesses who support the HSMV
- Alco - Alco sponsors our annual Bark 'n Bubble Dog and Car Wash
fund-raiser. Our next dog and car wash will be summer 2013, go to our "News & Events" page for this and other upcoming events.
- City Market - Register your City Market Value Card number for the CARES Program. Each
time you make a purchase at City Market using your value card a portion
of what you spend will then be donated to the HSMV! Call us or sign up using the box above.
- Moab Advertiser - See our available dogs and cats in the weekly "Pets of the Week" ad.
- Moab Barkery - Purchase pet food, toys and treats for your best friends or meet our
adoptable cats every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month from 11:00-1:00 at the Moab Barkery.
- Petango - Shop on-line at The Petango Store .com and select the Humane Society of Moab Valley as the organization you want to support. The HSMV will then receive 10% on everything you purchase with the exception of food and meds.
- Times Independent - Buy
a new subscription and help the Humane Society of Moab Valley! For
each $32 subscription sold to a NEW subscriber, $25 is donated to the
HSMV. This only applies to new local subscriptions (84532 ZIP code),
for one year only, and no other discounts apply.
- WabiSabi - Vote for the Humane Society of Moab Valley each time you purchase an item or donate
to WabiSabi. Financial awards are distributed twice a
year and are based on the
number of votes. The more votes the bigger the award!!!
Sponsor one of our Our Pets of the Week Advertiser Ads or sponsor an event. Call our office @ 435-259-4862 for more information.
Our 2013 pets of the week sponsors include the following individuals and businesses:
Aarchway Inn ~ Arches Realty ~ Arches Repair Center ~ Back of Beyond Books ~ Canyon Voyages ~ Colleen and Jeff Dan & Linda Webb ~ Desert Threads ~ Diane Allen ~ Dog & Cat Clinic ~ Dr. Todd Hackney & Staff ~ It's Sew Moab Jeffrey's Steakhouse & La Hacienda ~ Jim Davis Tree and Landscape ~ KCYN ~ Knowles Home Furnishings ~ Love Muffin Cafe ~ Milt's Stop and Eat ~ Moab Adventure Center ~ Moab Brewery ~ Moab Chevron Moab Dog Adventures Moab Ford & Chevrolet ~ Moab Golf Club ~ Moab Grill ~ Moab Valley Inn ~ Moonflower Market ~ Paradox Pizza Peace Tree Juice Cafe ~ Randy & Christy Wallis ~ Red Stone Inn ~ Rio Bar & Grill ~ Ron & Natalie Dickerson ~ Sgt. Peppers Music & Video ~ Sleep Inn ~ Sore No More ~ Spanish Valley Vineyard ~ Sue Kirkham ~ Ye 'Ol Geezer Meat Shop.
Together We Are Making A Difference!
Custom Pet Portraits
For a minimum donation of $50 a local artist will sketch a custom portrait from any photograph of your beloved pet. A custom pet portrait will make a great gift for your friends and family or yourself! Plus, all of the proceeds will go to the Humane Society of Moab Valley!
Please stop by our office, call (435) 259-4862 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.