You’re the Heart & Hands of the Humane Society of Moab Valley
- Foster animals in your home until they are adopted.
- Exercise shelter animals.
- Handle and help show animals at adoption days.
- Help out with animals who need special care.
- Help at Bark ‘n Bubble dog wash and other animal based events.
- Delivering pet food to people in need.
- Help trap feral cats who need to be spay/neutered.
- Help maintain a feral cat feeding station.
Table & Event Volunteers
- Represent HSMV table during adoption days (retail sales and accepting donations).
- Represent HSMV table at events (ticket sales).
- Help organize events such as the Dawg Days of Summer BBQ and Silent Auction, Bark and Bubble Dog and Car Wash or Holiday Light Parade Float.
- Computer, filing, mailing, print flyers and other office duties.
- Distribute posters and flyers for upcoming events
- Make phone calls for special events.
Special Project Volunteers
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Solicit items for membership drives, auctions, event prizes.
- Provide crafts or baked goods for events.
Please call 435-259-4862 for more information if you are interested in volunteering with the Humane Society of Moab Valley. Our volunteer application is also on-line by going to our “How you can Help” page.
Pet Food Bank
The Humane Society of Moab Valley will provide free dog and cat food for low income pet owners year round. Please stop by our office at 956 sand Flats Rd. (located in side the Moab City Shelter) or call 435-259-4862. If you would like to donate pet food the HSMV will accept any type, size or brand of pet food still in its original sealed packaging. Our Pet Food Bank is funded by Moab BARKery and our community’s generous donations.
Seniors For Seniors Program
Regardless of age, pets bring love and joy to our lives as well as positively impact our health and change how we see the world. When you adopt a senior dog or cat you will not only benefit from their companionship but you will give an older pet the comfort and love they deserve.
We will help each adopter find the perfect match to help bring a wonderful pet into your home. And, our Seniors for Seniors program offers qualifying seniors with a discount.
Please call 435-259-4862 for more details and information.
For information about our Spay/Neuter Programs go to the Spay/Neuter Page.
For more information about our TNR program go to the Feral Cat page.