You're the Heart & Hands of the Humane Society of Moab Valley
- Foster animals in your home until they are adopted.
- Exercise shelter animals.
- Handle and help show animals at adoption days.
- Help out with animals who need special care.
- Help at Bark 'n Bubble dog wash and other animal based events.
- Delivering pet food to people in need.
- Help trap feral cats who need to be spay/neutered.
- Help maintain a feral cat feeding station.
Table & Event Volunteers
- Represent HSMV table during adoption days (retail sales and accepting donations).
- Represent HSMV table at events (ticket sales).
- Help organize events such as the Moab Mutt Strut, Dawg Days of Summer BBQ and Silent Auction, Bark and Bubble Dog and Car Wash, Holiday Craft Fair Booth or Holiday Light Parade Float.
- Computer, filing, mailing, print flyers and other office duties.
- Distribute posters and flyers for upcoming events
- Make phone calls for special events.
Special Project Volunteers
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Solicit items for membership drives, auctions, event prizes.
- Provide crafts or baked goods for events.
Please call 435-259-4862 for more information if you are interested in volunteering with the Humane Society of Moab Valley. Our volunteer application is also on-line by going to our "How you can Help" page.
Pet Food Bank
The Humane Society of Moab Valley will provide free dog and cat food for low income pet owners year round. Please stop by our office at 956 sand Flats Rd. (located in side the Moab City Shelter) or call 435-259-4862. If you would like to donate pet food the HSMV will accept any type, size or brand of pet food still in its original sealed packaging. Our Pet Food Bank is fundedby our community's generous donations and The Telluride Animal Foundation.
Please join us for our
informational seminars. Subjects varies from Unwanted Dog Behaviors to
Dog to Basic Obedience and Dog Tricks. It's a great way to learn new
ways to mentally stimulate your pup and have fun finding new ways to
bond with him/her! Sue Sternberg, noted dog behaviorist has been
gracious enough to volunteer many of her seminars to the HSMV. For more
information including dates and times, please see our News and Events
HSMV also provides school
& business presentations. We cover age appropriate facts on what our
role in the community is and how we help the homeless and unwanted pets
in Moab Valley. Please contact our office to schedule a presentation
for your class room or organization.
Seniors For Seniors Program
Regardless of age, pets bring love and joy to our
lives as well as positively impact our health and change how we see the
world. When you adopt a senior dog or cat you will not only benefit from
their companionship but you will give an older pet the comfort and love
Our Animal Coordinator will help
each adopter find the perfect match to help bring a wonderful pet into
your home. And, our Seniors for Seniors program offers qualifying
seniors with a discount.
Please call 435-259-4862 for more details and information.
For information about our Spay/Neuter Programs go to the Spay/Neuter Page.