Dog and Cat Adoptions
If you are interested in adopting, please call 435-259-0199 for an appointment. Humane Society of Moab Valley and Moab Animal Shelter are located at 956 Sand Flats Rd.
RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERSHIP
Owning a pet is a privilege, but the benefits of pet ownership come with responsibilities.
- Avoid impulsive decisions when choosing a pet.
- Choose a pet that is suited to your home and lifestyle.
- Keep only the type and number of pets for which you can provide appropriate food, water, shelter, health care and companionship.
- Commit to the relationship for the life of your pet(s).
- Provide appropriate exercise and mental stimulation.
- Properly socialize and train your pet.
- Don’t contribute to our nation’s pet overpopulation problem: limit your pet’s reproduction through spay/neuter.
- Recognize that pet ownership requires an investment of time and money.
- Make sure your pet receives preventive health care (vaccinations, parasite control, etc.) as well as care for any illnesses or injuries.
- Budget for potential emergencies.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR PET & BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS
- Clean up after your pet.
- Obey all local ordinances, including licensing, leash requirements and noise control.
- Don’t allow your pet to stray or become feral.
- Make sure your pet is properly identified (i.e., tags, microchips, or tattoos) and keep its registration up to date.
- For the health and safety of your cat we recommend that they should be kept indoors.
- Prepare for an emergency or disaster, including assembling an evacuation kit.
- Make alternative arrangements if you can no longer care for your pet such as contacting your local rescue. Plan ahead, the average adoption placement may take up to 6 weeks or longer.
- Recognize any decline in your pet’s quality of life and make timely decisions in consultation with a veterinarian.