Dog and Cat Adoptions
If you are interested in adopting, please call 435-259-4862 for an appointment to meet any of our pets. You are also welcome to stop by our office located inside the Moab Animal Shelter 956 Sand Flats Rd.
RESPONSIBLE PET OWNERSHIP
Owning a pet is a privilege, but the benefits of pet ownership come with responsibilities.
- Avoid impulsive decisions when choosing a pet.
- Choose a pet that is suited to your home and lifestyle.
- Keep only the type and number of pets for which you can provide appropriate food, water, shelter, health care and companionship.
- Commit to the relationship for the life of your pet(s).
- Provide appropriate exercise and mental stimulation.
- Properly socialize and train your pet.
- Don’t contribute to our nation’s pet overpopulation problem: limit your pet’s reproduction through spay/neuter.
- Recognize that pet ownership requires an investment of time and money.
- Make sure your pet receives preventive health care (vaccinations, parasite control, etc.) as well as care for any illnesses or injuries.
- Budget for potential emergencies.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR PET & BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS
- Clean up after your pet.
- Obey all local ordinances, including licensing, leash requirements and noise control.
- Don’t allow your pet to stray or become feral.
- Make sure your pet is properly identified (i.e., tags, microchips, or tattoos) and keep its registration up to date.
- Prepare for an emergency or disaster, including assembling an evacuation kit.
- Make alternative arrangements if you can no longer care for your pet such as contacting your local rescue. Plan ahead, the average adoption placement may take up to 6 weeks or longer.
- Recognize any decline in your pet’s quality of life and make timely decisions in consultation with a veterinarian.